Eurail Greece FeaturesOptions from 3 to 10 travel days pass.
Flexipass: travel days may be used consecutively or not, within 1 month period.
Unlimited travel on the national network of Greece
Options for 1st class or 2nd class
Special bonuses (details below)
With one day pass, you can travel multiple times.
Eurail Greece Passes
Eurail Greek Pass allows travel from 3 to 10 days, consecutive or alternate days within 2 months, through all Greek Rail Network.
Greece and Greek islands are truly inspiring, historical, charming and memorable. You can try visiting the famous ruins and the wonderful exotic beaches. We place everything together in a package in order to assist you in getting to know well beautiful Greece.
Special prices on the ferry crossings between Italy and Greece operated by Superfast Ferries/Blue Star Ferries (routes Ancona-Patras and Bari-Patras)
• 25% discount on a one day cruise from Athens to the Greek islands Egina, Hydra, Poros
• All bonuses can be obtained by the customer locally at Ionian Travel in Athens.
Option for travel in 1st or 2nd class (youths only in 2nd class).
Youth: Youth fares are valid for people under 26 years old.
Free European Rail Network Map: Eurail Greece gives added value to its product by providing customers with useful and detailed travel documentation. Customers purchasing a Eurail Greece Pass receive, together with their travel documents, the Eurail Pass Guide; which explains in detail how the Eurail Pass works and where it is accepted. It provides information on Eurail’s Benefit Partners and gives further useful information for each
traveler. The Eurail Map shows the main rail lines and participating shipping routes.
|Eurail Greece Passes - Fares(US$ per person)|
|Adult - 1st class||$141.00||$178.00||$211.00||$300.00||$300.00||$300.00||$217.00|
|Youth - 1st class||$115.00||$143.00||$169.00||$241.00||$241.00||$241.00||$339.00|
|Currency: US Dollars|
Saverpass:It's a special fare when 2 or more people travels together all the time. Fares per person.
Validity: The first trip date must be within 6 months from issue date, unless specified for promotions.
All Fares are per person in US dollars, subject to change.
Railpass Protection Plan is available.
We shipping worldwide by FedEx.
Free Shipping to USA and Canada (for orders over US$ 400)
Handling fee: All bookings are subjet a US$ 8 handing fee.
Seat reservations are optional for major Greek routes. You can make seat reservations at train station or we can book them previously for you. Just fill the reservation form after complete the purchase of the pass.
Euro Railways offers Rail pass Refund Protection Plan.Benefits: 100% refund on the unused portion of rail passes if lost or stolen while traveling in Europe.
What you will receive: Refund one day of the cost of your Rail pass for each day of use of point to point ticket or the cost of the point-to-point tickets, whichever is lower.
For example: If you purchase a 5 day Rail pass for $300 and you lose the pass and you still need to travel from Milan to Vienna, from Vienna to Munich and from Munich to Frankfurt to complete your planned itinerary; we will refund three days of your pass one for each day your purchased a point to point tickets. The refund in this example is $ 180 ($300 divided by 5 multiplied for three.
To make a claim:
1) Complete your travel using point to point tickets. You can purchase your point to point tickets at any train station..
2) Save the tickets that you purchase along with any receipts.
3) Send the receipts and tickets to our office within 30 days of your return with a brief letter describing the circumstances of your loss or theft, and include you name, address and telephone number.
- Unused and not validated Eurail Select rail passes can be refunded.
- A 15% penalty fee refund applies to totally unused passes returned within 1 year of issuing date
- Eurail Select rail passes are not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or partially used.
- Lost or stolen passes may be protected with the purchase of the Railpass Protection Plan
- Rail Pass Exchanges are subject to US$ 25 service fee
- Passes are strictly personal, non-transferable and only valid with a passport, official identity or special military travel permit. Presentation of this document to the European control staff on trains and shipping lines is compulsory.
- Transportation covered by the pass is subject to the "Uniform Rules concerning the contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by rail (CIV). In respect of carriage by sea, the legal provisions of the individual sea carrier apply.
- Passes are not valid until the first and last day of validity and passport number are entered by a railway official before travel begins. Use must begin within 6 months of the date of issue.
- The pass holder may travel on any date within the limits of the period of validity. The pass also entitles the holder within the period of validity to many transportation bonuses, such as those on ferries, boats and buses (either entirely free of at discount)
- The Eurail and Europass is valid from midnight to midnight on the date of use indicated on the calendar. If an overnight trip start in a direct overnight train departing after 19:00, the next day's date must be entered, travel between 19:00 and 24:00 hours on the previous day is then included. When using an overnight ferry covered by the pass, the holder may enter either the day of departure or the day of arrival.
- No supplements are required for trains such as EC, IC, ICE, etc..
- Additional fees for seat reservations, sleeperettes, couchettes, sleeping car accommodation, meals, extra service on board, supplement charges on certain ships, port taxes, luggage forwarding, etc... are payable.
- Passes do not guarantee a seat on a train or passage on a boat unless reservations are made in advance. For certain trains and boats a reservation is compulsory.
- For 1st class travel with a pass marked 2nd class, the difference between the full 1st and 2nd class fares on the respective route must be paid
- If the traveler cannot present, upon request, a valid passport, official identity card or special military travel permit with his pass, the local control staff is authorized to demand payment, in addition to the full fare, of a fine charged in conformity with the regulations of the railway concerned, both in local currency.
- Passes can neither be refunded nor replaced:
if lost or stolen,
if partially used,
if submitted after the first day of validity,
or after one year from the date of issue.
Applications for refund must be submitted to the issuing office with all necessary proof (cancellation by a European Railroad Office, medical certificates in case of illness, death certificate.)
In the case of completely unused non-validated passes, a refund application with original documents must be submitted to the office where the pass was purchased. The refundable allowance is subject to a 15% deduction.
- A Youth pass may only be used by persons under 26 years of age. A Child pass may only be used by persons under 12 years of age.
- All orders are subject a US$ 8 Handling fee.
Rail Passes Options
Also, consider the following options for your travel:
If you want travel through Greece and one more country:
Eurail Greece and Italy
To Explore an European Region or up 28 European countries, request a Multi Countries Pass It will be the best option for you.
But if you want to travel few itineraries close to each other or if you want to complement a rail pass, you can check more than 12,000 Point to Point tickets in our website.
Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Eurail Rail Pass are entitled to a variety of bonuses besides the shipping lines, private rail lines, buses, museums and hotels discounts and lounges on the major train stations.
Holders of Eurailpass Flexi, Europass or Eurail Selectpass have to note that a free transportation bonus or shipping line requires use of a travel day; reduction bonuses or reduced shipping lines do not require use of travel day.
Rail Pass holders are granted a reduced fare or even free passage on many shipping lines.
For international shipping lines: In general, the Pass must be valid for the country of departure or the country of arrival. When indicated, the Pass must be valid in both countries, or in one specific country.
For domestic shipping: The pass must be valid for the country in question.
Bonus & Benefits for Greece
A Eurail Pass valid in Greece is valid with the national railway company TRAINOSE.
Eurail Aid Offices
Hellenic Railways Travel agency
6, Sina Street Athens
Mon-Sat: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Attica Group (Eurail member): International routes operated by Superfast Ferries Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy; www.superfast.com
Bari-Corfu (sailings during summer period only) *
* dormitories are not available on board Superfast I and Superfast II (Bari route). Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person, per way; July and August € 20 per person, per way. Port taxes € 7 per person, per way. A fuel surcharge may apply. Check-in time 2 hours. If your pass is valid in Greece only, you can get a 30% discount.
Italy +39 080 528 2828 email@example.com
Greece +30 210 891 9130 firstname.lastname@example.org
Book online on www.superfast.com (=> partnerships => Train & Ferry).
Terminal Station PATRAS: South port, Akti Dymeon. A shuttle bus service between the New and the Old port (TRAINOSE railway station) is available(appr. €0,90). Passenger‘s check-in at the New port. Terminal Station BARI: Stazione Marittima Porto, 6, Corso Antonio de Tulio
Attica Group (Eurail member): International routes, Superfast Ferries (jointly operated with ANEK Lines) Free air seats/dormitories for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy; www.superfast.com; www.anek-superfast.com
Seasonal surcharge: June and September € 10 per person, per way; July and August € 20 per person, per way. Port taxes € 7 per person, per way. A fuel surcharge may apply. Check-in time 2 hours. If your pass is valid in Greece only, you can get a 30% discount.
Italy +39 071 202 033-4; +39 071 207 0218 (booth); email@example.com Greece +30 210 891 9130, +30 210 891 9700, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Book online on www.superfast.com (=> partnerships => Train & Ferry).
Terminal Station PATRAS: South port, Akti Dymeon. A shuttle bus service between the New and the Old port (TRAINOSE railway station) is available(appr. €0,90). Passenger‘s check-in at the New port. Terminal Station ANCONA: Via Luigi Einaudi, Zona Mandracchio. Check-in at Terminal Station and then take shuttle bus no. 20 (FREE) to the port for embarkation!
Attica Group: (jointly operated with ANEK Lines) 30% discount only if you have already realised a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries or ANEK Lines (via Ancona); www.superfast.com; www.anek-superfast.com
Piraeus - Heraklion (Crete) Reservations: +30 210 891 9800; +30 210 891 9700, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Attica Group: Domestic routes operated by Blue Star Ferries 30% discount provided you have already realised a crossing in the Adriatic Sea with Superfast Ferries or ANEK Lines (via Ancona); www.bluestarferries.com
Piraeus - Chios - Mitylene (Lesvos)
Piraeus - Cyclades
Piraeus - Dodecanese
Rafina - Cyclades
Reservations: +30 210 891 9800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grimaldi Lines 20% discount on official fares (port taxes, fixed dues and special fares excluded) ; www.grimaldi-lines.com
Brindisi-Igoumenitsa and Patras
Bookings can be made via Grimaldi‘s Contact Center: Italy: (+39) 081 496 444 or Spain (+34) 902.531.333, or by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In both cases you will need to send in a copy of your Eurail Pass per email. Or go to one of Grimaldi Lines Travel Agencies in Italy.
Minoan Lines International Free air-type seats for 1st class pass holders, free deck passage for 2nd class Pass holders with a pass valid in Greece AND Italy. 30% discount on full fare rates for travellers with a Eurail Pass valid in Greece only.; www.minoan.gr
Seasonal surcharge: June/September: € 10, July/August: € 20. Port Taxes: € 7. Fuel surcharge may apply.
Check-in time 2 hours.
For more information:
Italy, Ancona tel: +39 071 201708, email: email@example.com Greece, Piraeus tel: +30 210 4145700, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
holders of a 1st class Eurail Pass have free access to the TRAINOSE lounge in Athens Central railway station (Stathmos Larissis)
Athens: from Athens E.Venizelos Airport there is a train every hour to Athens Central Railway Station (change at SKA station) and to Kiato New Railway Station (directly)
European Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Just click or touch on the Benefits Image above to know the Bonus and Benefitis in others European countries.