France and Switzerland Pass FeaturesOptions from 4 to 10 travel days pass.
Flexipass: travel days may be used consecutively or not, within a 2 months period.
Unlimited travel by train on the national network of both countries.
Options for 1st class or 2nd class.
Saver pass:It's a special fare when 2 or more people travels together all the time. Fares per person.
Youth: Youth fares are valid for people under 26 years old.
Special bonuses (details below)
With one day pass, you can travel multiple times.
Smoking is strictly forbidden on all trains.
Seat reservations are compulsory when traveling by Premier Trains and major European destinations.
Eurail Map online (PDF - 2 Mb)
Free European Rail Network Map: Eurail Italy gives added value to its product by providing customers with useful and detailed travel documentation. Customers purchasing a Eurail France and Italy Pass receive, together with their travel documents, the Eurail Pass Guide; which explains in detail how the Eurail Pass works and where it is accepted. It provides information on Eurail’s Benefit Partners and gives further useful information for each
traveler. The Eurail Map shows the main rail lines and participating shipping routes.
|Eurail Austria Switzerland Passes - Fares (US$ per person)|
|Saverpass - 1st class||$ 323.00||$ 365.00||$ 402.00||$ 468.00||$ 468.00||$ 528.00||$ 528.00|
|Adult - 1st class||$ 379.00||$ 428.00||$ 471.00||$ 550.00||$ 550.00||$ 620.00||$ 620.00|
|Youth - 2nd class||$ 248.00||$ 280.00||$ 309.00||$ 359.00||$ 359.00||$ 405.00||$ 405.00|
|Currency: US Dollars|
For booking, click or touch on corresponding fare
Saver pass: It's a special fare when 2 or more people travels together all the time. Fares per person.
Youth: Youth fares are valid for people under 26 years old.
Validity: The first trip date must be within 6 months from issue date, unless specified for promotions.
All Fares are per person, in US dollars, subject to change.
Rail pass Protection Plan is available.
We ship worldwide by FedEx.
Free Shipping to USA and Canada (for orders over US$ 400)
Handling fee: All bookings are subject a US$ 8 handing fee.
Seat reservations are compulsory for major French and Italian routes. You can make seat reservations at train station or we can book them previously for you. Just fill the reservation form after complete the purchase of the pass.
Euro Railways offers Rail pass Refund Protection Plan.Benefits: 100% refund on the unused portion of rail passes if lost or stolen while traveling in Europe.
What you will receive: Refund one day of the cost of your Rail pass for each day of use of point to point ticket or the cost of the point-to-point tickets, whichever is lower.
For example: If you purchase a 5 day Rail pass for $300 and you lose the pass and you still need to travel from Milan to Vienna, from Vienna to Munich and from Munich to Frankfurt to complete your planned itinerary; we will refund three days of your pass one for each day your purchased a point to point tickets. The refund in this example is $ 180 ($300 divided by 5 multiplied for three.
To make a claim:
1) Complete your travel using point to point tickets. You can purchase your point to point tickets at any train station..
2) Save the tickets that you purchase along with any receipts.
3) Send the receipts and tickets to our office within 30 days of your return with a brief letter describing the circumstances of your loss or theft, and include you name, address and telephone number.
- Unused and not validated Eurail Select rail passes can be refunded.
- A 15% penalty fee refund applies to totally unused passes returned within 1 year of issuing date
- Eurail Select rail passes are not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or partially used.
- Lost or stolen passes may be protected with the purchase of the Railpass Protection Plan
- Rail Pass Exchanges are subject to US$ 25 service fee
- Passes are strictly personal, non-transferable and only valid with a passport, official identity or special military travel permit. Presentation of this document to the European control staff on trains and shipping lines is compulsory.
- Transportation covered by the pass is subject to the "Uniform Rules concerning the contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by rail (CIV). In respect of carriage by sea, the legal provisions of the individual sea carrier apply.
- Passes are not valid until the first and last day of validity and passport number are entered by a railway official before travel begins. Use must begin within 6 months of the date of issue.
- The pass holder may travel on any date within the limits of the period of validity. The pass also entitles the holder within the period of validity to many transportation bonuses, such as those on ferries, boats and buses (either entirely free of at discount)
- The Eurail and Europass is valid from midnight to midnight on the date of use indicated on the calendar. If an overnight trip start in a direct overnight train departing after 19:00, the next day's date must be entered, travel between 19:00 and 24:00 hours on the previous day is then included. When using an overnight ferry covered by the pass, the holder may enter either the day of departure or the day of arrival.
- No supplements are required for trains such as EC, IC, ICE, etc..
- Additional fees for seat reservations, sleeperettes, couchettes, sleeping car accommodation, meals, extra service on board, supplement charges on certain ships, port taxes, luggage forwarding, etc... are payable.
- Passes do not guarantee a seat on a train or passage on a boat unless reservations are made in advance. For certain trains and boats a reservation is compulsory.
- For 1st class travel with a pass marked 2nd class, the difference between the full 1st and 2nd class fares on the respective route must be paid
- If the traveler cannot present, upon request, a valid passport, official identity card or special military travel permit with his pass, the local control staff is authorized to demand payment, in addition to the full fare, of a fine charged in conformity with the regulations of the railway concerned, both in local currency.
- Passes can neither be refunded nor replaced:
if lost or stolen,
if partially used,
if submitted after the first day of validity,
or after one year from the date of issue.
Applications for refund must be submitted to the issuing office with all necessary proof (cancellation by a European Railroad Office, medical certificates in case of illness, death certificate.)
In the case of completely unused non-validated passes, a refund application with original documents must be submitted to the office where the pass was purchased. The refundable allowance is subject to a 15% deduction.
- A Youth pass may only be used by people under 26 years of age. A Child pass may only be used by persons under 12 years of age.
- All orders are subject a US$ 8 Handling fee.
Rail Passes Options
Also, consider the following options for your travel:
To Explore an European Region or up 28 European countries, request a Multi Countries Pass It will be the best option for you.
But if you want to travel few itineraries close to each other or if you want to complement a rail pass, you can check more than 12,000 Point to Point tickets in our website.
Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
European Rail Pass are entitled to a variety of bonuses besides the shipping lines, private rail lines, buses, museums and hotels discounts and lounges on the major train stations.
Holders of Eurailpass Flexi, Europass or Eurail Selectpass have to note that a free transportation bonus or shipping line requires use of a travel day; reduction bonuses or reduced shipping lines do not require use of travel day.
Rail Pass holders are granted a reduced fare or even free passage on many shipping lines.
For international shipping lines: In general, the Pass must be valid for the country of departure or the country of arrival. When indicated, the Pass must be valid in both countries, or in one specific country.
For domestic shipping: The pass must be valid for the country in question.
Bonus & Benefits for France
A Eurail Pass valid in France is valid with the national railway company SNCF (www.sncf.com and www.voyages-sncf.com). It is then also valid for travel between France and Figueres (Spain,) Basel, Geneva (Switzerland), Port Bou (Spain), Ventimiglia (Italy) and city of Luxemburg.
Eurostar special pass holder fares which are exchangeable once before departure (non-exchangeable fares can sometimes be cheaper then pass holder fares). All fares are subject to availability.
IMPORTANT: SNCF, the French Railway, is not participating in the Eurail Select Pass offer as from January 2013.
Eurail Aid Offices
Gare de Marseille St. Charles
Daily: 6:00am - 10:00pm
Gare de Nice-Ville
Mon-Sat: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sun: 9:00am - 5:30pm
Gare de Paris-Lyon
Mon-Fri: 7:00am - 8:30pm
Gare de Paris -Nord
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 10:00pm
Sat-Sun: 6:30am - 10:00pm
Gare de Paris-St. Lazare
Mon-Sun: 7:30am - 10:00pm
Aéroport Charles de Gaulle, (Paris CDG Airport)
Terminal 2 RER Station Bureau SNCF
Mon-Fri: 6:30am - 8:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Irish Ferries 30% discount; www.irishferries.com Cherbourg-Rosslare (February to December)* Roscoff-Rosslare (May to September)* *No daily sailings, reservation compulsory.
Ireland +353(0)818 300 400; France +33(0)233 234 444; +33(0)170 720 326
Paris: from Charles de Gaulle Airport there are connections to Paris Nord (RER Line B, Eurail Passes not valid) and many other destinations.
Lyon: from St. Exupéry airport there is a tram link to Lyon Part Dieu (Rhônexpress, every 15 minutes - Eurail Passes not valid)
Persons with reduced mobility:
On the TGV, when departing from French and Swiss stations, enjoy specially-designed areas for disabled travellers or people with reduced mobility. A First class seat is reserved for wheelchair users in coaches 1 or 11. Nearby, toilets are specially adapted and accessible for disabled travellers. On TGV, your travelling Guided Dog companion travels for free and without a ticket.
Bonus & Benefits for Switzerland
A Eurail Pass valid in Switzerland is valid with the national railway company SBB and also valid with the following private transport companies:
BLS boat services on Lake Brienz and Lake Thun (www.bls.ch)
BSG boat services on Lake Biel and on the river Aare between Biel and Solothurn (www.bielersee.ch)
CGN boat services on Lake Geneva (www.cgn.ch)
LNM boat services on Lake Neuchâtel / Murten
SGV boat services on Lake Luzern
URh boat services on the river Rhine between Constance and Schaffhausen ZSG boat services on Lake Zurich (www.zsg.ch)
AB Appenzeller Bahnen AG
ASM Aare Seeland mobil AG
BDWM Transport AG
BLT Baselland Transport AG
CJ Chemins de Fer du Jura
FART Regional lines Ticino, including the Centovalli railway to Domodossola (Italy)
FB Forchbahn AG
FW Frauenfeld-Wil-Bahn AG
LEB Chemins de Fer Lausanne- Echallens-Bercher
MBC Chemin de fer Bière-Apples- Morges
MOB Montreux Oberland Bernois (for Golden Pass see further)
MVR-cev Transports Montreux- Vevey-Riviera (only Vevey-Blonay- Pléiades)
NStCM Chemin de Fer Nyon- St. Cergue-Morez
RA RegionAlps Martigny - Orsières / Le Chable
RBS Regionalverkehr Bern- Solothurn
RhB Rhätische Bahn AG (including RhB-Bus Tirano-Lugano)
SOB Südostbahn (including Voralpen-Express)
SSIF Società Subalpina di Imprese Ferroviarie
SZU Sihltal - Zürich - Uetliberg THURBO AG
TMR Transports de Martigny et sa Regions
TPC Transports Public du Chablais SA
TPF Transports public fribourgeois
TRN Transports régionaux neuchâtelois
WSB Wynental- und Suhrentalbahn
ZB Zentralbahn AG
Bernina Express - Tirano - Lugano: Eurail Pass valid between Chur/StMoritz and Tirano. No discount on the reservation fee. Eurail Pass is also valid on the connecting bus to Lugano.
A Eurail Pass valid in Switzerland is sufficient for this route.
Discounted private railway companies 25% - 50% BET Bergbahnen Engelberg - Trübsee - Titlis / Engelberg - Kleintitlis
BLM Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - Mürren
BOB Berner Oberland - Bahnen
PB Pilatusbahn (Alpnachstad - Pilatus
Kulm / Kriens - Fräkmüntegg - Pilatus Kulm)
RB Rigi - Bahn
SthB Stanserhorn Bahn
Montreux - Interlaken - Luzern: one of the most picturesque lines in Switzerland.
It links the Vaud Riviera to Lake Lucerne. Reservation compulsory Glacier Express 25% discount on the Zermatt-Brig-Disentis part of the trip.
Free travel for pass holders between Disentis and St.Moritz/ Davos. Compulsory reservation 34 Sfr.
Eurail Aid Offices
Bahnhof Basel SBB
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Hauptbahnhof SBB Bern
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 6:50pm
Sat: 8:00am - 4:50pm
Gare de Genève (Geneva)
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Sat: 9:00am - 5:15pm
Gare de Genève Aéroport (Geneva Airport)
Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 6:30pm
Sat : 9:00am - 5:30pm
Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30pm - 6:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Bahnhof SBB Luzern (Lucerne)
Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 7:15pm
Sat: 8:30am - 6:00pm
SBB Reisezentrum Zürich HB (Zurich)
Mon-Fri: 7:00am - 8:30pm
Sat-Sun: 8:00am - 7:30pm
Bahnhof SBB Zürich Flughafen (Zurich Airport)
Daily: 7:00am - 7:45pm
SBB lounge Holders of a 1st class rail pass have free access to the SBB lounge in Zürich HB.
BSB, SBS and ÖBB 50% discount; www.bsb-online.com
Boat crossings on Lake Constance (Bodensee) from May to October
Wilhelm Tell Express discounted fare; www.sbb.ch
Nostalgic boat crossing Luzern- Flüelen and connecting train ride to Locarno/Lugano. Reservation compulsory
Geneva: from Genève Cointrin Airport there are train connections to Genève (every 15 minutes) and to many other cities in Switzerland.
Zurich: from the airport there are train connections to the main station of Zürich (every 15 minutes) and to many other cities in Switzerland.
European Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Just click or touch on the Benefits Image above to know the Bonus and Benefitis in others European countries.