Norway in a Nutshell by scenic train
Norway in a Nutshell:
The trip takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in Norway's fjords. You can experience the breath-taking railway line Flåmsbana, the Aurlandsfjord, the narrow Nærøyfjord and the steep Stalheimskleiva.
The Bergen Railway:
The Bergen Railway is a unique experience on Northern Europe´s highest railway. One of the greatest challenges is the harsh and changeable weather. Skilled workers, effective equipment, tunnels and snowtunnels make the Bergen Railway one of the safest and most comfortable way of travelling between Oslo and Bergen. This line was recognized to be one of the best railway experiences in the world.
The Flåm Railway:
The journey on the Flåmsbana railway is regarded as one of the high points on the journey. The 20km-long train journey from the mountain station of Myrdal and down to Flåm deep in the fjord takes around 55 minutes. On the journey you have views of some of the most magnificent mountain scenery in Norway with an ever-changing panorama of tall mountains and thundering waterfalls. The train moves slowly or stops at the best views.
Down at the idyllic Flåm there is time to eat and to wander around little before continuing your journey by boat. The journey goes out from Aurlandsfjord and into the Nærøyfjord, the narrowest fjord in Europe. Surrounded by mighty mountains of up to 1,800 metres high, this branch of the Sognefjord is amazingly beautiful. On the journey you have views of the small traditional farms. If you are lucky you will catch sight of the goats which graze along the edge of the fjord or of the seals lying on rocks before the boat moors at Gudvangen.
Five exciting itineraries to choose from. Combine travel on train, ferry and bus through spectacular Norway scenery. Includes travel on the Flam railway. Stopovers permitted.
To buy the desired pass, click in the corresponding fare.
| Passholder (Norway, Scanrail, Eurail)
Currency: US Dollars
- Passholder fare: valid for Norway, ScanRail, Eurail and Eurail Select holders.
- Travel must begin within 2 months of date of purchase. Once started, travel must be completed within 2 months.
- Tickets are actual travel documents and do not need to be exchanged.
- Seat reservations (not include), Oslo/Myrdal and Bergen/Myrdal. These reservations can be made at Oslo or Bergen train stations.
- Refund Policy: a 15% cancellation penalty applies to unused and not validated tickets returned within 6 months of issue date.